Our pets are also susceptible to the harmful effects of cosmetic pesticides. There have been many studies that show how our pets’ health is negatively affected. This makes sense since our dogs and cats are closer to the ground, lay on the grass, lick themselves, and often eat the grass, thusly directly ingesting the pesticides. Effects can range from vomiting to cancer and death. There is this study that links cosmetic pesticide use with cancer in dogs. The Winnipeg Humane Society also has good information about the potential harms your pet can encounter with cosmetic pesticide exposure. Remember, our pets aren’t the only animals affected. Squirrels, birds, beneficial insects and other wildlife will find their way on our lawns and gardens as well.